Unveiling the World of Goo Jit Zu Characters
Goo Jit Zu action figures are the world’s favorite stretchable toy. With their signature goo filling, kids can squish, pull, and twist their action hero of choice for hours on end. Since these squishy action figures were released in 2010, their popularity has grown immensely, and there are no signs of it slowing.
Goo Jit Zu’s heroes come in a wide variety of unique characters. The appearance, design, and abilities range from character to character, giving children a diverse selection to choose their favorite character. Combine a design that allows for an unmatched range of play with a slew of unique and well-known characters, and you get action figures unlike anything else out there.
The Essence of Goo Jit Zu Characters
Goo Jit Zu’s are not your typical action figures. They have a range of figures based on iconic characters from various mediums that give them more star power. However, the vast range of exclusive characters is only part of the equation when it comes to why this squishy action figure line is so popular.
Another reason is their insane flexibility, durability, and squishiness, which lets kids free their imagination and use them as they want, providing a creative and entertaining play experience.
The flexibility and durability come from its thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) material which can be stretched, squashed, and beaten without breaking. TPE is extremely safe and contains no harmful toxic chemicals such as Phthalates and BPA that can be found in inferior plastic toys. So, you can rest assured that your child’s toy is equal parts entertaining and safe to use.
Popular Characters in the Goo Jit Zu Series
Goo Jit Zu toys come in a vast array of character options. However, some characters are universally popular such as:
- Blazagon – A powerful hero and the noble leader of the Goo Jit Zu heroes. Blazagon has a dragon-inspired design that features visually striking fiery colors. His special attack is the Lava Slam that smashes the ground apart, causing a searing hot explosion.
- Thrash – Thrash is one of the main characters in the Goo Jit Zu universe. He resembles a fierce hero shark yet is a bit of a prankster. This character is filled with special gel beads for underwater play.
- Battaxe – Half-flying bat, half-actual bat for clubbing. This blue battleaxe loyally serves Rock Jaw and fights beside him in battle.
- Bengal – This true gooey hero is designed to take the form of a white Bengal tiger and is the definition of heroic. It’s even thought she may have been created in Redback’s lab.
- Blazagon – The powerful hero who leads the Goo Jit Zu heroes with the honor and fury that any true leader would.
- Blazagon (Supagoo Form) – A great representation of the regular Blazagon hero transformed into Supagoo form.
- Bowlbreath – As one of the new Wilder characters, he may be a goldfish, but he is heavily armed with a cannon and sword. Underestimate him at your peril.
- Brainboom – This vividly colored Goo Jit Zu is a big-brained alien with tentacles for limbs and is the chief antagonist of Goomageddon.
- Brawler – Brawler is a muscular bear and has one of the most unique fillings, making him super spongey. He’s also one of two characters to never feature in the cartoon.
- Braxor – This long-necked dinosaur is hyperbendable and ultra-rare. If you press down on his head, you can activate his devastating chomping jaws.
- Corruptagon – He’s good buddies with the villainous Rock Jaw and can disguise himself as Blazagon. Look for his signature purple Komodo dragon form with a red goo core.
- Crusticoid – He is a relatively small crab alien hybrid that features one eye and a metal bottom. This crustacean uses his single eye to strike his foes by shooting it out of his face.
- Dino Goo Army – This dino army of warriors was created by Shredz, and they loyally serve him and stand against anyone who opposes him.
- Exoshock – As a member of Hammerhead’s team, he’s silent but loyal and has two large deadly claws attached to his orange crab body for attacking.
- Foogoo – One of the new underwater heroes, he prowls the depths of the Deep Goo Sea and resembles a green pufferfish with sharp spikes all over his body.
- Frostbite – If you’re looking for super rare, you have it in this powerful yeti with white fur and black horns. He changes color when submerged in icy water.
- Gigatusk – This strong, hammer-handed elephant-inspired Goo Jit Zu packs a serious punch and has a signature icy aesthetic.
- Goo Jit Zu Brothers – Better known as the Heroes of Goo Jit Zu, they’re a band of specially selected animals sworn to protect the world from Wilders.
- Graplock – This octopus-inspired Goo Jit Zu was engulfed and cursed by the Deep Goo Sea. Along with Brawler, he’s the only character not to appear in the cartoon.
- Hammerhead – Once a trusted warrior for King Hydra, Hammerhead betrayed him to become the leader of the evil Wilders.
- Horriglow – With his distinctive green and translucent coloring, this new addition to the evil Wilders is super oozy, even for a Goo Jit Zu.
- Hydra – A three-headed dragon that was the original master of Goo Jit Zu; not much is known about this mysterious character.
- King Hydra – This three-headed Goo Jit Zu is the ruler of the Goo Sea and is ultra rare and ultra cool.
- Mantara – Infused with a superhero look, Mantara is a new Goo Jit Zu hero set to appear in the latest season of the show.
- Mantor – Mantor is a Praying Mantis-based character who wears a white fighting headband with the seal of Goo Jit Zu on it. He fights like a warrior.
- Merculok – This three-eyed green alien has a handle-like body for extra squishing that makes his head expand to a massive size.
- Merculok’s minions – These tiny crab-like minions are spat out by Merculok to fight by his side.
- Orbitox – This purple alien seeks to conquer the universe using his quantum goo to transform anyone into a Wilder.
- Pantaro – Balazagon’s best friend with a ninja-esque design and special ice powers. Not only does he look like a ninja, but he fights like one too.
- Redback – This red spider with arachnid eyes and legs is considered to be the brains behind the Wilders and helps Rock Jaw with his evil plans.
- Reptaur – Reptaur is a green frilly-necked lizard character that’s super stretchy and can shoot water when squeezed.
- Rock Jaw – As the ferocious alligator leader of the Wilders and arch-enemy of Blazagon, he’s evil to the core and made to be super smushy.
- Sahario – A lion-based character who is one of Tygor’s closest allies and is as ferocious as any African lion.
- Saturnaut – Alien enthusiasts love this blue slug alien. He has tentacles for arms and four piercing yellow eyes.
- Scorpius – As both an evil genius and master fighter, this scorpion-like fighter can really land a sting.
- Shredz – Another villain takes centerstage with this Spinosaurus Goo Jit Zu, who is a powerful tyrant that hates Blazagon with all of his heart.
- Silverback – He’s a blue gorilla that switched sides from the evil Wilders to fight with the Goo Jit Zu brothers.
- Simian – This monkey-inspired, yellow, and true Goo Jit Zu hero is one of the stretchiest of all the characters.
- Smashadon – As an ultra-rare model and part of the new Dino X-Ray series, this character is a serious collector item. He has translucent skin that exposes his fluorescent skeleton.
- Squidor – Villians aren’t relegated to land, as evident by this evil red squid that lives in the Deep Goo Sea and has suction cups for hands.
- Star Shadow – Another entry for alien characters comes in the form of this fluro teal character that rocks a green gem in the middle of his forehead.
- Terrack – Add another dino to your collection with this flying dinosaur. His bones are visible and are filled with a goo that makes him extra scrunchy.
- The Goo Keeper – Every band of heroes needs a good mentor, and this one worked at the Goo City Zoo before the Goo meteor crashed.
- Thrash – As one of the main characters of the Goo Jit Zu universe, he resembles a sharp-toothed shark and is known to be both funny and fierce.
- Tritops – This green triceratops was originally a member of Tyro’s team but switched allegiance to the heroes.
- Tygor – You can’t have Thrash without this tiger-based character and his signature fighting style at his side. His friendship with Thrash makes him a popular hero.
- Tyro – As another good friend of Blazagon, it’s easy to dismiss this T-Rex-inspired character out of hand. But he is a powerful hero in his own right and leader of the Dino squad.
- Verapz – This grey velociraptor dinosaur is a member of Tyro’s Dino squad and possesses legendary fighting skills.
- Viper – As another fighter on the side of the Wilders, this green cobra is as devious as he is deadly.
- Warsnap – After fleeing his home planet, this spacesuit-wearing alien joined Blazagon in his fight against Brainboom.
- Wolfpain – The name says it all: he’s a wolf and can inflict serious pain with his run-and-jump-powered-up punch attack.
Thematic Variations and Series
The Goo Jit Zu universe encompasses a range of different series, and each new one introduces more characters and themes into the franchise.
Here are a couple of series along with their influence on characters and themes:
- Heroes of Goo Jit Zu – This is a television series that brings these amazing toys to life, imbuing them with personalities that enhance their appeal. The show allows the storyline to be expanded, allowing for thematic variations.
- Marvel Hero Series – The Marvel Hero Series introduced a slew of new Marvel-based characters, including the radioactive Spider-Man, Iron Man, Venom, and Black Panther.
The Role of Goo Jit Zu Characters in Play
Goo Jit Zu toys offer an exhilarating and tactile play experience that captivates both the young and the young at heart. These innovative toys are designed to stretch, squish, and twist in ways that defy traditional action figures. Filled with a unique gooey texture, Goo Jit Zu toys can be pulled to impressive lengths, allowing for imaginative and entertaining play scenarios.
Collectibility and Fan Base
As Goo Jit Zu’s popularity continues to grow, so does the collector community. The collectibility of these toys is driven by many factors but mainly by the vibrant tapestry woven by its passionate fan base.
For example, the metallic squish Sonic the Hedgehog is a limited edition Goo Jit Zu that is highly collectible due to its limited run and will go for around $100. Frostbite is perhaps the rarest hero and is super hard to find. He will cost you up to $195 if you do happen to get your hands on him.
Goo Jit Zu in Media and Entertainment
Goo Jit Zu figures are more than just toys. They have a massive presence in media and entertainment as well.
- TV series – The television series is called “Heroes of Goo Jit Zu.”
- Online content – There’s plenty of Goo Jit Zu-themed online content out there, such as short videos and webisodes.
- Collaboration – Goo Jit Zu effectively collaborates with established and global franchises from Disney, Marvel, and DC.
Seeing Goo Jit Zu in the realm of media and entertainment transforms playtime into a dynamic experience where imaginative adventures are not only felt but visually amplified. It also adds to their overall popularity and builds a sense of community when multiple children play with the same toys.
The Deep Goo Sea Is Full of Unique Characters
In the kaleidoscopic world of Goo Jit Zu characters, vibrant hues and unique textures collide to create a sensory feast for the imagination. These quirky figures burst with an otherworldly charm, their gooey exteriors inviting tactile exploration.
Whether you’re looking to add another character to your child’s Goo Jit Zu toybox or looking for collectible statues for your own collection, you need a reliable online toy store to make it happen. Check out our vast selection of toys and collectibles for all ages.
Who are the characters in Deep Goo Sea?
What are the names of the mini Goo Jit Zu?
- Deco Gold Blazagon
- Silver Thrash
What is the name of the Yeti in Goo Jit Zu?
The name of the Yeti is Frostbite, and when you put him in ice-cold water, he changes color!
What is the name of the blue shark in Goo Jit Zu?
The blue shark in Goo Jit Zu is Thrash.