Founded in 1996, the National Entertainment Collectibles Association, or NECA for short, is one of the leading creators, manufacturers, and global distributors for licensed toys and collectibles. Their merchandise is based on the world’s most recognizable movies, video games, comic books, and pop culture.
Since 2002, NECA has become a leader in the horror genre, releasing some of the most sought after collectibles like Freddy Krueger, from A Nightmare on Elm Street, Jason (Voorhees), the fictional character from Friday the 13th and Michael Myers, from Halloween. In the years since, NECA has also become a staple collectible manufacturer for the Alien and Predator franchises and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
With over two decades of experience in the toy industry and a wide selection of collectibles, NECA presents something for just about everyone. If the horror scene isn’t your cup of tea, NECA offers other collectible characters like:
- Coraline, is the dark, animated fantasy film based on a story by novelist and comic book writer Neil Gaiman. The film is about a young girl named Coraline who has very busy parents who are only focused on their work. The family moves to a remote boarding house, where Coraline goes off and entertains herself. One day she finds a mysterious door and wanders into a whole new world with better parents and even better food. The one odd thing though, everyone has buttons for eyes.
- Groot is an adorable, fictional hero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Groot's first appearance was in the Tales to Astonish #13 (in November 1960). Other movies and TV shows include Guardians of the Galaxy, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Infinity War, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Rocket & Groot, Avengers Assemble, Marvel Super Hero Adventures, and more.
- Crash Bandicoot is from the 90’s video game franchise exclusively for Sony's PlayStation console. Crash had a quiet life on the Wumpa Islands, until Doctor Neo Cortex, the one who created him, wants him dead as he is a failed experiment. Crash must defeat Cortex and end his plans for world domination.
- Gizmo from the Gremlins movie, is an adorable, very kind Mogwai who is part of Billy Peltzer's life in New York. Gizmo helps Billy defeat the Gremlins each time they get loose. There’s one little problem though, he has three strict rules: don't expose him to light, don't get him wet and never let him eat after midnight.
- Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from the Ghoosebusters seems harmless, puffy and cute at first—but given the right circumstances, the sky turns black and he grows to be an evil giant terrorizing New York City.
Over the years NECA has produced thousands of products, offering e-commerce retailers like us, a variety of beloved pop culture characters in the form of action figures, prop replicas, and everything in-between. Some of the figures ToyShnip has in stock are Marty McFly from Back to the Future, Daniel LaRusso from the Karate Kid and even Elvis Presley, the King of Rock.