In the toy world, Beyblades are nothing short of iconic. These spinning-top toys achieved near-instant success when they first launched in 1999. But more impressively, their popularity has endured for decades (and spans multiple generations!).
Of course, this probably isn’t surprising to anyone who’s ever engaged in exciting battles with their Beyblades. The unique combination of skill and strategy (paired with the many customization options) makes this toy a gift that keeps on giving.
However, the diversity of Beyblade designs also makes choosing the best Beyblade to buy somewhat of a Herculean task. With all the options, it’s difficult to answer the question, “What’s the best Beyblade in the world?” But this guide will at least help you decide which Beyblade is best for you.
Our Favorites to Buy
With how popular the Beyblade toy line has been, it shouldn’t be surprising that you have an overwhelming number of options to choose from. To take the “overwhelming” part out of the equation, we’ve compiled a list of our top five Bayblade recommendations.
1. Beyblade Burst QuadDrive Destruction Belfyre B7
Thanks to its cutting-edge design, Destruction Belfyre B7 is a true beauty. But what makes this model stand out is the innovative QuadDrive system. With this system, you get four independently rotating tips, enhancing your Beyblade’s agility and giving it a unique spin pattern during more intense battles.
But you'll be happy to know that the more intense battles are precisely where this model excels. With its aggressive movements and unparalleled speed, the Destruction Belfyre B7 maximizes impact during each attack. This makes it ideal for players who prefer a high-impact, offensive playstyle.
Those players will also enjoy many victories as the Destruction Belfyre B7 surpasses many of its competitors in terms of attack power and offensive capabilities. That’s not to mention its impressive agility, which allows you to pull off some unpredictable maneuvers during a battle.
2. Rage Longinus Destroy' 3A
Rage Longinus Destroy' 3A is often highlighted for its aggressive attack power and high performance in competitive play. So, it’s no wonder many consider it the best Beyblade Burst to buy.
Virtually all its parts work together to produce a powerful attack type, which your opponents shouldn’t underestimate. The Rage-3A combo, in particular, does wonders for delivering devastating blows during a battle.
The only thing to note is that the Destroy’ Driver is rubber-based, which can sometimes lead to unpredictable movements. But this only means this model is a better choice for seasoned players. In fact, experienced players will probably manage to leverage the model’s unpredictable nature to outmaneuver their opponents.
3. Beyblade Burst QuadStrike Bolt Spryzen S8
Bolt Spryzen S8 is a force to be reckoned with!
Though its striking design might be the first thing to attract your attention, you’ll soon be blown away by its capabilities. You see, the Bolt Spryzen S8 incorporates dual-spin capability, allowing the top to spin in either direction. Why does this matter? Well, it’s simple – it allows you to adapt during battles more efficiently, catching your opponent off guard.
This dual-spin capability (and the versatility that comes with it) is what sets the Bolt Spryzen S8 apart in the Beyblade Burst lineup. It’s also what gives this model a competitive edge during intense battles.
Given its description, it’s easy to conclude that the Bolt Spryzen S8 best suits players who enjoy a strategic and adaptable playstyle. These players will be able to use this adaptability to their advantage during battles, tailoring their approach based on their opponent’s weaknesses and strengths.
4. Lord Spriggan Blitz Dimension Dash
Lord Spriggan is a prominent figure in the Beyblade Burst series that has become highly popular primarily for its versatility. The Lord Spriggan Blitz Dimension Dash is the perfect example of this.
This model is a must-have for any serious Beyblade enthusiast, collector, or competitive player. One look at its design, and you’ll instantly understand why.
This marvel strikes the perfect balance between stunning aesthetics and incredible performance. In terms of aesthetics, its attention to detail is unmatched. Throw its striking color combo into the mix, and it's clear why this model easily stands out both on display and during battles.
As far as performance goes, we must mention its dual-spin capability that adds a touch of unpredictability to every battle. This model also features the uniquely shaped Blitz Disc, which contributes to its balance and stability. The Dimension Dash Driver completes the setup, offering an adjustable performance tip that allows you to adapt to various battle scenarios.
This well-rounded setup is precisely what sets Lord Spriggan apart from other Beyblades, with its versatility and adaptability making it a formidable competitor in the Beyblade arena.
5. B-174 Beyblade Limit Break DX Set
The B-174 Beyblade Limit Break DX Set has everything you need to start playing this game immediately, making this arguably the best Beyblade set to buy. This comprehensive set comes with numerous competitive parts, two super-powerful launchers, and an appealing new stadium (Dash BeyStadium).
The introduction of a new stadium and the Limit Break system has been perceived as a strategic move by Takara Tomy, the company behind the Beyblade toys, to evolve (and refresh) the Beyblade experience for players.
Speaking of players, this set caters to quite a diverse audience. From newcomers and hobbyists to avid collectors and competitive players, The B-174 set offers a well-rounded experience for everyone.
But what about performance? You'll be happy to know that the Hyperion Burn model excels at right-spin attacks, while the Helios Volcano Beyblade has quite a lot of stamina and impressive life after death. Of course, we must also mention the brand-new Superking BeyLaunchers that come with extra-long strings and enhanced power.
Now, you can buy most of these components separately. But let us tell you why you shouldn't.
Buying them in a set is a far more cost-effective option that equips you with everything you need in one fell swoop. Plus, the set allows you to interchange parts of your Beyblades, adapting them to different battle scenarios. Talk about a win-win situation!
The World of Beyblades Explained
If you’re new to the world of Beyblade, you might be wondering what the fuss is about. If this is the case, know one thing – Beyblades are no ordinary toys. They have a rich history, going as far back as ancient Japan, where players made similar toys using cast iron.
Of course, contemporary Bayblades, manufactured by the Japanese company Takara Tomy, are significantly more lightweight. They’re usually made with plastic, metal, and rubber and feature a layered design (driver–core–precision tip–top layer).
They first hit the shelves in 1999, together with a manga series of the same name. Let’s explore what has happened to these iconic toys since and look into them in more detail.
Types and Varieties
Since Beyblades first appeared, numerous models have been introduced. However, they can all be classified into the following four categories:
- Attack type. Attack types are fast-moving models designed for aggressive action and powerful hits. They get down to business as soon as they enter the arena, bumping up against their opponents forcefully and relentlessly. The result? The opponents either burst or are knocked out of the arena. The previously described Rage Longinus Destroy' 3A is an excellent example of powerful attack types.
- Defense type. Defense-style Beyblades have a simple task – to deflect the opponents’ attacks without bursting or exiting the arena. To achieve this, they usually feature high-friction tips (for gripping), a metal core that makes them heavier, and a more robust top ring. If you were to ask players what the best Beyblade for defense is, many of them would answer, “Rock Leone!”
- Stamina type. As their name suggests, stamina types are designed to keep spinning even under relentless attacks. They typically feature smoother rings (to minimize friction), a rounded ball, and cone-shaped tips (for balance). As for the best Beyblade ever in the stamina category, this honor would probably go to the Wizard Fafnir F5.
- Balance type. Balance-type Beyblades are somewhat of a perfect mix between the other three types. Their top is designed both to attack and withstand your opponents’ attacks, while a balanced weight distribution allows for prolonged spin time.
Evolution and Series
Since its inception in 1999, there have been four generations of Beyblade:
- Beyblade (1999). The first and the “original” generation of Beyblades featured three toys – the Ultimate Frostic Dranzer, the Spin Dragoon, and Saizo. Early models came with three bit chips, representing the fighting spirit of the player.
- Metal Fight Beyblade (2008). The second generation of Beyblades marked a strategic shift that propelled the brand into a new era. These Beyblades introduced metal components for enhanced durability and battling capabilities.
- Beyblade Burst (2015). With the release of the third generation of Beyblades, one thing became abundantly clear – Takara Tomy will never stop evolving. These Beyblade Burst models introduced the innovative Burst technology, adding a new level of excitement to the battles. With this series, the company also introduced the Beyblade app.
- BEYBLADE X (2023). The newest iteration of the Beyblade toys, BEYBLADE X, is described as the “fastest Beyblade series of all time.” This 12-product series owes this flattering title to a new gimmick, X Dash, which allows you to produce super acceleration.
Anatomy of a Beyblade
Here’s an overview of the main components you’ll find in a Beyblade and their functions:
- Energy layer base. Energy layers are essential to Beyblades, as these affect the speed, direction, and how the top engages with the opponent mid-battle.
- Forge disc. The forge disc directly impacts your Beyblade’s center of gravity, affecting factors like stability and maneuverability during battles.
- Performance tip/driver. The performance tip dictates how your Beyblade interacts with the surface below it. There are numerous drivers to choose from, each offering a unique trait, including the Mobius Driver (smooth, fluid movements), Taller Driver (increased height for strategic advantage), Drift Driver (unpredictable lateral shifts), and Bearing Driver (extended spin times).
Key Considerations Before Buying
If you’re a hardcore player, you probably already know what to look for, from the best Beyblade launcher to the most strategically designed components for optimal performance. But if you’re a newbie, here’s what to pay attention to when choosing the best Beyblade toy.
Matching Age and Skill Level
All Beyblade toys are designed for ages 8 and up. Still, 8 is quite young. So, if you’re buying a Beyblade for a younger player, choose models primarily composed of larger parts to minimize choking hazards. As for the skillset, start with simpler launch mechanisms that are easier to operate. As you get better, transition into high-performance launchers and intricate Beyblades.
Not all Beyblades will work with all launchers. In fact, every generation of Beyblades comes with its own set of launchers. So, before purchasing any components, make sure they can actually fit together. You can do so by consulting the chart below.
Classic Beyblade launchers (e.g., ripcord launchers)
Metal Fight Beyblade (2008)
Metal Fusion launchers
Beyblade Burst (2015)
Beyblade Burst launchers (e.g., the Superking Launcher)
BEYBLADE X (2023)
BEYBLADE X launchers (e.g., the String Launcher)
Also, make sure to pair right-spin Beyblades with right-spin launchers. The same goes for their left-spin counterparts.
As for the stadiums, they’re also made specifically for different generations. However, most Beyblade models can work in most stadiums.
Quality and Durability
To ensure you get a good deal on your Beyblade (and win many battles), look at its construction before committing to a purchase. Search for Beyblades made with high-quality materials (e.g., metal or durable plastic) where each layer is tightly secured. This is the only way your Beyblade will hold up over time and not burst easily mid-battle.
How to Select the Best Beyblade for Your Style
When it comes to choosing the best Beyblade to buy, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution. It all boils down to your interests and preferences.
Are you interested in Beyblade at a competitive level or even pursuing a Beyblade career? If so, you’ll need a powerful attack type that can deliver swift and forceful blows in any stadium. Of course, you shouldn’t only focus on attacking, as a well-rounded strategy is the key to succeeding among highly competitive players.
So, consider something like the previously described B-174 Beyblade Limit Break DX Set as a highly popular product in the competitive scene.
If you’re only looking for some casual fun, the “technical” aspects of Beyblades won’t matter as much. You can shift your focus toys with unique designs and fun elements that will make each battle a blast. Our suggestion? Fierce Achilles A8, a super fun Beyblade with a decent price.
Those buying Beyblades for collecting purposes will benefit the most from looking for rare, limited-edition, and historically significant Hasbro and Takara Tomy Beyblade toys. Some of these include:
- Dragoon Spin Gear Beyblade from 1999 (a first-generation model)
- WBBA Red Diablo Nemesis X:D Dragren from 2012 (limited edition)
- Phantom Orion Skeleton Beyblade from 2013 (a rare model)
What Is the Best Place to Buy Beyblades?
Given the popularity of Beyblades, it shouldn’t be surprising you can purchase them virtually anywhere. Of course, that doesn’t mean all retailers offer products of the same quality. Some might even sell counterfeit or low-grade imitations.
To avoid wasting your money, always shop with reliable retailers who make it easy to check the authenticity of their products.
Here are some places you should consider:
- Specialized toy shops like ToyShnip – A reliable seller with a huge selection of Beyblade products
- eBay or Amazon – A huge variety of products, but watch out for the counterfeits
- Zenmarket – A middleman service offering access straight to Japanese stores
Beyond Beyblades – Accessories and Maintenance
Sure, finding the best Beyblade to buy is a success in and of itself. But once you do, you’ll want to ensure that you have the right accessories to enhance its performance. Also, you’ll want to maintain it properly to keep it in top-notch condition for all future battles. This guide will help you with both.
Here are some accessories no serious Blader should go without:
- Digital Power Launcher – Providing precise control over launching power, thus increasing your accuracy and spin speed
- Custom Grip – Offering a comfortable handle for more accurate launches
- Power Trigger – Enhancing the launching experience through a trigger mechanism
- LED Sight – Enhancing the visual experience during battles
The only thing you should pay attention to when buying these accessories is ensuring that they’re from the same generation as your Beyblade.
How to Maintain Your Beyblades
Here are some guidelines to follow to ensure your Beyblades continue to dominate battles for years to come:
- Clean your Beyblade after every battle to remove any dirt or debris.
- Use a little soap and warm water when your Beyblades need more cleaning.
- Use metal polish to restore the shine to the metal components.
- Store your plastic Beyblades away from direct sunlight.
- Make sure no hard surfaces are touching the blades during storage.
- Be careful not to drop your Beyblade, as it can affect its balance.
- Use paint to cover up damage from unsuccessful battles.
- Look for step-by-step tutorials addressing any issues you might have before attempting a DIY repair.
Explore Our Range Of Beyblades for Your Perfect Buy
There’s no doubt about it – finding the best Beyblade to buy can be rather overwhelming. After all, it’s only natural to feel a bit lost with all the different generations, types, models, and compatibility guidelines.
However, reading this guide should help you navigate the Beyblade market with confidence. It should also take you straight to ToyShnip, an online toy shop with an impressive Beyblade collection and numerous helpful resources.
Shop with us, and you’ll never feel lost again. The only thing you will feel is the exhilaration of being battle-ready!
Which are the best Beyblades to buy?
It all depends on your playstyle, level of competitiveness, and general preferences. However, for many players, the Destruction Belfyre B7 is the best Beyblade to buy.
What is the 2 best Beyblade?
If you’re looking for the best Beyblade set to buy, you’ll be perfectly satisfied with the B-174 Beyblade Limit Break DX Set. In this set, you'll get two top-notch Beyblades, two powerful launchers, and an attractive stadium.
Which generation of Beyblade is the best?
Truthfully, each Beyblade generation has its charm. However, the Beyblade Burst is probably the best series to date. Of course, the newest series, BEYBLADE X, still has time to “hijack” this flattering title as it evolves and introduces new products.
What are the newest features in the latest Beyblade series?
The latest Beyblade series, BEYBLADE X, features a new X(extreme) Dash gimmick, which allows you to achieve ultra acceleration. You'll also get a new launcher, the powerful Dran Sword.